Exectec Solutions - Service Desk Technician - 1st Line Support - ASAP Start - Chelmsford - Hourly Rate
Exectec are working with an NHS client who are looking for a new Service Desk Technician. This role will be based in Chelmsford Essex for an initial 3 months. This role is to provide 1st line support for a large NHS office. This client is looking for an immediate start and paying an hourly rate of £10.45 per hour.
* Receive and action service desk calls from system users throughout the Trust. To ensure that all calls logged to the support service are accurately and clearly entered and updated in the service desk system.
* Deploy, maintain and support IT equipment and peripherals to users throughout the Trust, including software installations, maintenance and updates.
* Diagnose and resolve system or user problems, using remote control software, Windows administration tools or by attending the user's location as appropriate. Create and maintain user accounts, and assign appropriate system rights.
* Undertake testing of IT hardware and software prior to installation/rollout within the Trust.
* To provide 1st line IT support to the Emergency Dispatch operation, ensuring that issues are resolved quickly and efficiently minimising any impact on the Dispatch operation.
* To provide 1st line I.T. support to the Trust for Local Area Network, PC's/Laptop's and all associated peripherals e.g. printers, PDA's, wireless technology, scanners, including the installation of Operating Systems, Microsoft and other software applications.
* Analyse, prioritise and elevate calls to senior staff or 3rd party contractors in accordance with defined IT service desk procedures and policies.
* Organise and prioritise own workload so as to minimise disruption due to interruptions. Plan and manage routine repairs and upgrades and respond to unexpected faults/failures. Ensure all major issues are escalated to the I.T Manager.
* Modify and administer system user and NHSMail accounts for departmental and third party systems in accordance with agreed support procedures.
* Assist in maintaining user access to network resources in accordance with Trust policies and departmental guidance/procedures.
If interested please send an up to date CV to Josh.email@example.com
1 Stage interviews are taking place immediately.
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.