Salary Guide: £40,000 - £50,000 pa + Benefits
A Maintenance Manager is required by leading scientific, chemical manufacturing company. The Maintenance Manager will ensure the safe, efficient and consistent management and running of the Engineering (Maintenance) Team. Optimising safe practice, planned preventative maintenance and process & assembly machinery performance. To manage all facilities on site in terms of upkeep and maintenance. To maintain adequate records of preventative maintenance and ensure work is carried out to schedule and to the correct standards. To monitor machinery performance along with the department managers and advise on upgrades and modifications to better achieve output targets and aspirations and then manager the implementation. Produce and own department performance Indicators, influence performance to comply with objectives. Team safety, quality standards, workshop hygiene, machinery uptime and engineering labour costs are key responsibilities for this role.
The Maintenance Manager is also expected to contribute to the overall operations management and assist in achieving group objectives.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure a safe operation with all risk assessments completed and work carried out accordingly, where necessary ensure that dynamic risk assessments are completed before commencing work.
- Manage the safe completion of work by contractors ensuring all permits and Risk Assessments are in place before work commences.
- Set Monitor and Report on Department Key Performance Indicators, manage team and process to achieve objectives and KPI targets.
- To lead, motivate and develop staff, ensuring that they are well informed and have ownership of their responsibilities.
- To set SMART objectives for your team and conduct performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Assist the Managing and Finance Director in setting annual engineering budget.
- Control departmental labour numbers and overtime expenditure to meet budgetary constraints.
- Identify cost savings and propose and implement project/initiatives to achieve those savings.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance tasks are carried out to the agreed plan.
- Liaise with the Technical Development Team in order to project manage new products in to production as they transfer in to the Manufacturing remit.
- Work with the Production team to ensure that the infrastructure is always capable of processing the ongoing volumes.
- To take responsibility for, and ensure employee compliance to, all company and legislative Health & Safety and environmental requirements within the department.
- Implement and manage appropriate statistical collection and analysis systems and use the information to guide appropriate action to improve performance.
- Provide guidance to Maintenance Engineers whilst on call.
- Hands on role in the department by being part of the call out rota and covering absences within the maintenance engineering team.
- Ensuring that housekeeping standards are raised to and maintained at world class levels.
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams.
Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a manufacturing production environment
- Minimum HNC in Mechanical / Electrical or alternative equivalent - desirable
- Familiarity with planned and reactive preventative maintenance systems
- Accuracy in completion of paperwork and ensuring evidence is documented and archived.
- Proven track record of project management
- Good IT knowledge including word, excel and Outlook
- Electrical / Mechanical / Robotics / PLC understanding and knowledge desirable
- Good communication, both verbal and written.
Full Job description available upon application.
Salary Guide: £40,000 - £50,000 pa
Monday to Friday, However, flexibility is required to cover other shifts due to projects and absences.
Location: Harlow, Essex
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.