Established chemical / medical device manufacturing company requires a Material Supply Team Lead Operator to be responsible for the efficient running across the Material Supply Team department; by optimising outputs and quality.
Summary of the role:
* Timely receipt of all goods and services to site,
* Controlled and accurate storage of all stock in the warehouse and production departments,
* Support of production departments through timely provision of raw materials, packaging and labels and the removal of finished goods, waste etc.
* Support of despatch, ensuring the timely and accurate picking and dispatching of orders,
* High cultural level of housekeeping internally and externally,
* Liaison with all departments to ensure the smooth running of the business.
Responsibilities & Duties:
* Coach, coordinate and communicate with the operators to ensure targets are met,
* Collaborate with the Production department Lead Operators to make certain that they have the correct materials available and in the right quantities to work efficiently.
* Ensure packing lines never have to wait for components or material
* Control the booking in and checking of all external vehicles arriving on site. Ensure company guidelines are adhered to at all times when required,
* To maintain the flow of QC material to include the movement/mixing/scrapping and associated documentation involved.
* Book in all goods / services received to company business system creating relevant GRNI's,
* Control the stock locations of incoming goods to warehouse racks,
* Complete and circulate delivery variance reports for any delivery discrepancies,
* Ensure goods are prepared for dispatch to customers, ensuring final checks are completed,
* Load outgoing vehicles when required,
* Liaise with Purchasing to resolve any queries arising from goods receipts,
* Organise daily Perpetual Inventory checks as per agreed process,
* Perform periodic housekeeping inspections and ensure housekeeping standards are maintained at a high level in the warehouse and loading / unloading aprons,
* Ensure all health, safety and environmental requirements are complied with,
* Arrange the transfer of warehouse goods to "Line side" stocks via the agreed process. Issue stock on a first in first out (FIFO) when required,
* Produce, check and update standard operating procedures, work instructions, and training documentation,
* Operate business forklift trucks as directed by Line Manager to support the movement of goods within the business and around the site,
* Assist with the annual business stock check procedure as laid down by the Warehouse and Inventory Manager,
* Contribute to investigations into issues within the department, including complaints, NCRs, CARs etc.,
* Flexible approach to assist or cover roles / jobs within the department,
* Be a positive and leading influence on housekeeping across the site,