Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £41,300 pa, including shift allowance
Shifts: Base hours are Monday to Thursday from 08:00 to 16:00 and Friday 08:00 to 15:00.
Candidates must be available to cover other shifts when required - see below.
Location: Harlow, Essex
A multi-skilled Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Engineer is required by leading scientific, chemical manufacturing company. The successful candidate will maintain and improve the performance of the production machines used in day to day manufacture.
This will include carrying out a wide range of planned and breakdown maintenance on a variety of low to medium speed production machinery that use in combination electrics/electronics hydraulics and pneumatics. You will be working on a range of electrical faults as well as PLC's and Robotics.
The Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Engineer role is to work in support of the maintenance department KPIs and work with the Operations staff to ensure that machine up-time is maximized and that unscheduled plant stoppages are kept to a minimum. You will be responsible for improving indices such as MTBF and to minimize MTER in all areas of the site.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Complete day to day maintenance tasks and ensure adherence to service level agreements
- Work in accord with maintenance KPIs suggesting and implementing improvements as required, e.g. costs, spares, plant availability
- Play a significant part in future developments and manufacturing efficiency, learning and utilising new technologies as appropriate
- Assist in the identification of critical equipment and the setting up of a robust TPM program with a suitable balance of PPM activities to ensure maximised up-time of plant equipment
- Co-operate with other departments for the overall benefit of the company
- Ensure all plant and equipment is maintained in accordance with current health, safety, environment, and equipment regulations and standards
- Service and proactively maintain the electrical instrumentation and control systems including, as required, revising and changing control system programming
- Assist Team Leader in setting the maintenance strategy for the site
- Work alongside the Production staff to monitor and control plant OEE KPIs
- Work alongside the CI Engineer to provide support for projects
- Support in the compilation of dynamic risk assessments for all key maintenance procedures
- Support in the compilation of maintenance work instructions
Knowledge & Experience:
- Recognised qualification in an engineering discipline (Electronic / Electrical / Mechanical)
- A fully time served apprenticeship followed by significant experience working multi skilled technician in a relevant industrial sector
- Full working knowledge of robotics - Desirable
- Successful track record of accurately diagnosing and fixing electric/electronic/ pneumatic/hydraulic and general mechanical faults in industrial packaging and process equipment
- Full working knowledge and problem-solving capability on machines using a range of PLC's (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Omron, Mitsubishi)
- Excellent working knowledge of electro- mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic control systems
- Computer literate with knowledge and experience of inputting data to and interrogating maintenance and PLC software
- Trained to current edition of the electrical standards and regulations
- Good communication skills (written & verbal).
Salary: £41,300. This is a Basic salary of £35,000, plus £6,300 Shift premium (at 18%)
When not covering a shift, the base hours are Monday to Thursday from 08:00 to 16:00 and Friday 08:00 to 15:00.
The following shift patterns are used:
- Monday to Thursday from 08:00 to 16:00 and Friday 08:00 to 15:00; or
- Monday to Thursday from 06:00 to 14:00 and Friday 06:00 to 13:00; or
- Monday to Thursday from 14:00 to 22:00 and Friday 13:00 to 20:00; or
- Sunday 23:00 to 06:00 and Monday to Thursday from 22:00 to 06:00
You will also be on a call out rota which is 1 in 4 weeks, plus covering any absences, from 07:00 Friday to 06:59 Friday.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our web site.