We are looking for an experience Product Development Manager to join an a successful, world leading chemical manufactures based on the boarders or Essex/Hertfordshire
You will be responsible for the effective deployment of departmental resources to coordinate the development and delivery of new engineering-based projects and processes for all areas of the business.
The ideal candidate needs to have a minimum of 10 years post graduate experience, with at least 3 years in a technical management capacity in a similar industry. They must have excellent project management skills and experience in bringing new products from concept to market.
* Minimum of 10 years' post graduate experience
* Educated to degree standard - Mechanical / Chemical Engineering with several years' relevant practical management experience or similar discipline
* A strong understanding of process and product design techniques with a demonstrable track record of successful, on time, introductions of new products from concept to market using a formal NPD procedure (working through stage gates or TRL's for example) in a highly regulated environment such as ISO 9001, BS13485 in terms of personal responsibility and achievement
* A solid history of change management success
* Numerate with strong analytical skills and excellent knowledge of techniques such as 3D CAD, mathematical modelling FEA, CFD; FMECA, QFD
* Well-developed project management skills using PM software such as MSP or Prinz II
* Experience of compiling technical dossiers and files in support of FDA 510(k) and CE marking submissions
* Good working knowledge of production costing and bill of material maintenance
* Good understanding of information systems and standard Office software packages
Duties & Responsibilities
* To take responsibility for, and ensure full departmental compliance with all company and legislative Health, Safety and Environmental requirements
* To optimise the quality, cost, delivery and safety performance of the department in its delivery of new products and processes
* To lead, motivate and develop staff, ensuring that they are well informed and have ownership of their responsibilities
* Set annual production budget with agreement of the Managing Director and Finance Director
* Control departmental budget to meet agreed annual budget and correct any overspends
* Work with others in the business to identify cost savings and propose and implement project/initiatives to achieve those savings
* Undertake the comprehensive departmental planning of all resources, human and mechanical to achieve budgeted output
* Create, agree, communicate and manage the objectives and KPIs for the department
* Liaise with the Operations Team in order to seamlessly manage the introduction of new product and process into mainstream manufacture
* Work with the Sales department to ensure that adequate technical information is supplied by potential customers such that accurate proposals can be supplied at the RFQ stage
* Support the sales team as required in exhibitions and meetings
* Ensure that projects are introduced through a stage gate project management process that will pass audit from external regulatory authorities
* Ensure that projects are managed with technical rigour using all techniques available e.g. 3D CAE, FEA, CFD, rapid prototyping etc.
* Implement and manage appropriate statistical collection and analysis systems and use the information to guide appropriate action to improve performance
* Ensure that all product details are captured in the company ERP system and to further ensure that the integrity of this data is preserved, organise and oversee data
* Ensuring that housekeeping standards are raised to and maintained at world class levels throughout the department and associated development areas
* Support the development the year technical road-map in support of the business development goals
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.