A Production Planning Coordinator is required by chemical/medical device manufacturing company located in Harlow.
The Production Planning Coordinator will be responsible for all areas of production and packing in our clients UK manufacturing facility. This role is pivotal to the business and will interact with the Production, Engineering, Quality and Purchasing teams to support the planning and organisation of the production process. The Planning Coordinator will update the production schedules and workflows between departments to maximise efficiency and customer service.
Responsibilities & Duties:
* Update the production and packing plans daily, ensure the online version is up to date and accurate
* Collaborate with the Production team to plan the labour requirement.
* Attend Production Planning related meetings
* Attend Production daily meetings and communicate with the production and packing functions across all shifts
* Work with the production team to ensure that production schedules are aligned with minimisation of waste, downtime and quality objectives
* Dynamic decision making on the shop floor as and when necessary
* Agree timings of trials and amend schedule accordingly
* Schedule requirement downtime for PPM activities
* Work with the QC and production teams to ensure timely re-work of Quarantined material.
* Liaise with the Purchasing Coordinator to achieve the set production schedules
* Agree availability dates with Sales for customer orders
* Schedule production of generic products to maintain set stock levels
* Assist in the demand, forecast and production capacity analysis to help the Production, Sales and Purchasing teams achieve expected targets
* Works Order creation (and correction, when needed)
* A working part of the team in the implementation of new products and processes into production
Knowledge & Experience:
* Minimum one-year previous planning experience in the manufacturing industry
* Very strong analytical skills with the ability to offer insight into data via reports and presentations
* Very strong Excel ability, Formulas & Pivot tables
* Strong Administration Skills.
* Experience of using an ERP system
* Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
35 hour working week with core hours 9.00 am to 5.00 pm but with a flexible approach to support the needs of the business.
Up to £30,000 pa
Sorry that we cannot contact all of you personally, but thanks in advance for your interest.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.